The Presidential race is pretty stable with Virginia, New Mexico, Iowa, Colorado plus all of the "blue" states from 2004 in Obama's column. Ohio, Florida, Montana and Nevada are barely Obama (<5% margin), and North Carolina, Missouri are tossups. If all the "leaning Obama" and tossup states ended up going for McCain, Obama would still win the election with 270 electoral votes. This is the reason McCain keeps on campaining in states that he is losing by double digits like Pennsylvania and Virginia. Also goes with the McCain approach. He likes to "roll the dice" as Obama has said.
There is movement towards the Democrates in the House of Representitives projection has increased to a net gain of 15 seats for Democrates, with 4 seats rated as tossups.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would be happy if Obama wins Ohio - and perhaps Florida!
...what surprises me a bit though, is that Obama doesn't have more support in Louisiana.
Zee, I think if Obama wins either Ohio or Florida, he has it won. But he has a chance to win even without those states if he picks up Virginia and Colorado. Should be interesting, looks like it is tightening a little but probably not enough for a McCain comeback. As for Louisiana, I have hardly even considered that state, it is a little bit interesting, but maybe too many whites with minimal education.
Hey man, after doing a little tinkering, it seems as though if Mccain wins PA he has a much better overall shot at winning, many more possibilties. So the pressure is on you! Congrats on the Phillies!
Celloman, thanks for that, ok let's try to find a McCain scenario to win. How about this, he wins Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico, all states that Obama is ahead in the polls. That is the only scenario I can come up with. So for McCain it all depends on Pennsylvania and for Obama, alot rides on Virginia!
I am happy for the Phillies, but was hoping for Red Sox Phillies in World Series (and you know who I would be pulling for then). Take care and hope you can make it through the next 2 days!
Post a Comment